- Your heart is set on beautiful hair, thanks to which you will regain your confidence and increase your attractiveness? Wandering about hair transplant, but you are scared by pain, disfiguring scars and long recuperation? If you are in any doubt as to whether the treatment is for you? You do not know how to start?
Email or arrange to meet a consultation visit during which we will dissipate your doubts.
- FUE – what is a hair transplant method about?
FUE (Follicular Units Extraction) modern method of hair transplant is based on removing of the individual hair follicles and implanting them in a balding place unlike the classical methods of transplantation in the case of FUE, there is no need take from the scalp the strips of tissue in the vicinity of occipital to obtain hair follicles, the main place of hair follicles removal. Furthemore, hair follicles can also be transplanted from the vicinity of a chest, chin as well as lower limbs. At the place where the follicle is being removed, a microscopic scar is left which cannot be seen with the naked eye.
- Why is FUE better than a traditional FUT hair transplant?
Thanks to FUE method, there is no unsightly, linear scar left around the occiput after the treatment. As a result, the recovery time is definitely shorter – most patients back to work right after 7 days.
- When one ought to consider a hair transplant?
In the case of androgenetic alopecia, which is a progressive process involving the gradual miniaturization of hair follicles. It is true that in the early stages of this disease re-growth may occur when a standard treatment is met – for example, finasteride or minoxidil formulas. Only when the hairless area lasts longer than two years, it is advisable to consider the hair transplant. Under the influence of androgens there was likely to be a complete disappearance of the hair follicles preventing hair re-growth.
- How to evaluate the extent to which a hair transplant will be necessary?
The amount of transplanted hair depends on the size of the area of baldness and natural hair density. The area of the treatment and the number of grafts are individually determined, during a direct consultation with the patient.
- What time interval ought to be maintained between successive transplants treatments?
There must be at least a 4-week break between successive transplants treatments. However, it is best to wait 12-14 months to all the transplanted hair would be visible. This guarantees that the doctor performing the next treatment will implant the hair in the right place.
- Does a hair transplant hurt?
The treatment is performed under local anesthesia. This makes it completely painless.
- Should the hair be cut short before the procedure?
Hair in the area from which follicles will be taken must be shaved to a length of 1 mm. In the case of people with long hair performing a minor treatment, it is possible to shave only the longitudinal section that will not be visible after the treatment.
- How do I look like directly after the treatment?
The post-treatment area may be swollen and slightly reddened for a period of 7-10 days. In the place of hair implantation small scabs up to 2 weeks are visible.
- How quickly can one back to work after the treatment?
The choice is made by the patient. A minimum of three days out of work is recommended. However, it should be remembered that swelling and scabs will be visible for about 7 days.
- When are the effects of the treatment visible?
For the first two weeks after the treatment, the transplanted hair falls out, which is the most correct and natural reaction. Then, they gradually begin to grow anew. After 4 months, approximately 20% of the hair re-growth is observed, another 60-70% grow anew about the eighth month after the treatment. To see the final effect a patient should wait about a year.